Our manufacturing facility recently hosted a OHSA Onsite visitor. After some research, I learned 5 the most common Signs which help to keep us all safe!
- Exit and Evacuation Signs – emergency exits and evacuation pathways need to be clearly marked. Hallways and doorways that can be confused for exits should be marked as NOT AN EXIT.
- Fire Safety Signs – Fire equipment like extinguishers, fire alarms and fire hose cabinets should be identified with a sign.
- Electrical Hazard Signs –Signs which indicate high voltage make safer work spaces for areas close to electrical equipment.
- First Aid – First aid supplies and equipment should be flagged by a sign for visibility.
- Flammable/Combustible Signs – Signs on containers with combustible or flammable liquids, vapors, or materials are necessary.
To make a facility easier to navigate, Equipment, Wayfaring, and Directional Signs are also recommended. To learn more about OHSA sign requirements go to https://www.osha.gov/. To learn more about office signs email Katies@excelsiormarking.com.